There are lots of people who would really like to learn to play the piano but they don't have the resources or the time for private instruction. They are also not interested at all in the traditional approach to piano instruction. Unfortunately piano instruction has not changed a lot over the years. Most of it still revolves totally around classical music and note reading. As valuable as that is, note reading is also the reason why most people conclude they cannot learn the piano. I'VE GOT SOME GOOD NEWS FOR YOU. YOU DON'T HAVE TO READ NOTES TO PLAY THE PIANO. Note reading is absolutely essential for playing classical music but it is NOT necessary for playing modern music (anything that is not classical). So if you want to play more modern styles- show tunes, jazz, blues, country- anything that is not classical- you need to do it the way that ALL professionals do it. You need to learn the CHORD method. That's what we teach you in this class. And fortunately for you the chord method is about 100 times easier than note reading!
- Directions for Using this Material
- Chords are Key for Piano Seminar Video Part 1 (24:40)
- Chords are Key for Piano Seminar Video Part 2 (22:40)
- Chords are Key for Piano Seminar Video Part 3 (21:42)
- Chords are Key for Piano Seminar Video Part 4 (17:16)
- Chords are Key for Piano Seminar Video Part 5 (23:07)
- Chords are Key for Piano Seminar Video Part 6 (15:19)
- Chords are Key for Piano Seminar Video Part 7 (21:04)
- Weekly ZOOM Group Question and Answer Session LIVE
- Basics You Should Know Already
- Introductory Video (3:49)
- General Printing Directions
- Printing Directions for Computer DUMMIES
- Link for PRINTING OUT the COMPLETE CHORDS ARE KEY FOR PIANO BOOK
- Complete Chords are Key for Piano Book
- Contrast Between Note Reading and Lead Sheets
- C Chord Exercise Video (3:14)
Hi. I'm Craig Coffman, your instructor for this course and I'm delighted that you want to learn to play the piano. You are going to find out very quickly how much easier the chord method is than note reading. And it is going to give you so much more freedom in your playing. Give this course a try. I promise you will NOT be disappointed.
Learn to play piano the way professionals do with CHORDS. If you ask the average professional do you read notes- they will likely give you this answer-"Yeah, but not enough to mess up my playing"
When you learn to play with chords (patterns of notes) you have taken a GIGANTIC leap forward in your learning- because music is made up of chords and patterns that conveniently repeat themselves a LOT.
Look at all these hurdles that can be taken away using the chord method:
*You only need to read ONE note at a time!
*We completely do away with using the bass clef!
*You get to look at your hands!
*You get to pick your songs!
*80% of the problem with sharps and flats is done away with!
*LOTS of rules are done away with!
*You don't have to count out loud!
*You don't have to pay THOUSANDS of dollars for private lessons!